Friday 6 April 2012

Sew Pretty!

A while ago I've mentioned here on my blog that I was planning on posting an amazing wedding cake that I saw somewhere on the Internet, but when I wanted to do so, I couldn't find the link Well, I am pleased to say: I found it! Yay! It took me a while, but better late than never!

I am pretty useless when it comes to sewing, although I am pleased to say that I am better at embroidery. Not only do I find embroidery very relaxing to do, but I love the supplies: ribbons and threads in pretty colours, bird shaped embroidery scissors, pretty pin cushions, needle holders ... the list goes on and on. Lately I've become a little obsessed with vintage sewing supplies. I've wanted an antique sewing machine for quite a while, and then, about two months ago, hubby bought me a gem of a machine  at a thrift store for practically next to nothing! Now I've got this little "still life" going in the lounge, but it still is a work in progress. I need more vintage buttons, lace and of course more wooden spools to finish off the new sewing corner in the lounge.

This is probably why this amazing cake (made by the very talented Roxanne Floquet from Cape Town, South Africa) appealed to me so much. It's got everything I need to finish off my little display! On top of that the absolutely stunning cake is a clever combination of the more traditional wedding cake and the more modern approach of cupcakes in stead of a wedding cake. Who says you can't have both! I am so pleased that I finally remembered where I saw this specific cake, so that I could share it with you here!



The cake was photographed by one of my favourite South African wedding photographers, Nikki Meyer, at the wedding of Tony and Wilmi. You will find more photographs of this beautiful vintage inspired wedding here.


No comments:

Post a Comment