Monday 17 August 2015

Love Actually

It's been a while, since I've been here on the blog and it is really great to be back! It's been a tough few months. I had complications during my surgery and needed much more recovery time than I expected. In fact, I am still taking things a bit slow, but I am getting back to normal, which is awesome!

To be honest I am quite sick and tired of being sick and tired, so I don't want to dwell on the last few months too much, but I do want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who has been so incredibly supportive during my hospital stay and recovery at home. You guys were amazing! My friends and family made me feel loved by the way they took care of me - even when it had to be done through Skype! There was just always someone available to help me take my mind off things when I felt miserable and needed a bit of distraction from my discomfort and pain. Thank you so much to every single one of you for your patience and encouragement!

But support and encouragement did not only come from the people who know me personally. I was completely overwhelmed by the kind messages from clients and my Etsy followers from around the world. So many people that I've never met before and only know from our online interaction, took the time to write a few words of encouragement and to wish me well. It meant so much to me to know that strangers on the other side of the world cared enough to take a few minutes out of their busy lives to say hello and wish me a speedy recovery. Thank you for that!

The kindness bestowed upon me, reminded me a little of one of my favourite movies of all time: Love Actually. I'll leave you with a quote from the beginning of the movie:

Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport. General opinion started to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. Seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy but it's always there. Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling, you'll find that love actually is all around.



No comments:

Post a Comment